WISE can only be as strong as our 40-plus (and growing!) team of dedicated staff, interns, and active volunteers. Hailing from 13 different countries, the WISE family contributes their efforts and expertise in many ways.
The Core Team is responsible for driving the planning, implementation, and monitoring of WISE’s strategy. Currently comprising 6 members (co-founders Dian and Yoke, as well as Gin, Intan, Rosa and Chivin), we welcome people who meet the following profile to consider joining the Core Team:
- Based in one of WISE’s focus countries (Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore)
- Passionate about WISE’s mission and values
- Committed to the long-term growth of WISE
- Strong strategic thinker
On a day-to-day basis, WISE is run by the management, programs, fundraising, communications, and learning teams. While the Inclusion Working Group serves to promote equity and respect for diversity in our programs as well as within WISE.
What the WISE family offers
WISE strives to provide a meaningful and engaging experience for staff, interns, and volunteers. Our current initiatives include:
- Groups to connect people in common locations and with shared interests
- Online sharing sessions about WISE projects and learning experiences
- Sharing of relevant grant, training, and networking opportunities, as well as MOOCs, webinars, and articles
- Funding support for volunteers to participate in networking and learning events
Plans are underway to design a formal internal training program to enhance the competency of WISE volunteers, particularly for those interested to develop a career in the WASH and/or non-profit sector.